This meal contains 3 recipes. The Pesto, the chicken, and the cheesy potatoes.
You will need to pesto in order to make this chicken. The potatoes are a side so they are of course optional but they do make this meal complete!
2 bundles of fresh parsley
4-5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
1/4 cup pine nuts (you can use walnuts if you can’t find pine nuts)
salt and pepper to taste
approximately 1/2 cup of olive oil
Add all the ingredients except the oil to a food processor or blender. Mix on high for about 45 seconds, gradually adding in the olive oil. The amount of olive oil may vary. You want the mixture to be a paste-like consistency.
Breaded pesto chicken
2 chicken breasts
1 cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup shredded mozzarella
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Pesto (recipe above)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine panko and mozzarella. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel. Place chicken in a plastic bag or a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the pesto and fully coat the chicken.
- Place the chicken on a lightly oiled foil-lined sheet pan. Spoon the breading over the top of the chicken. Press it down to ensure it adheres to the chicken.
- Place in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
Cheesy potato bake
3 cups half and half or heavy cream
½ cup butter
2 tsp salt
1 cup parmesan cheese
1-2 cups shredded mozzarella
1 package, approximately 32 oz, frozen hashbrown potatoes (cubed)
- In a saucepan, combine cream, butter, and salt. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is fully melted.
- Place potatoes in a greased 9×13 baking pan. Add the mozzarella to the potatoes and mix together.
- Pour cream mixture over potatoes. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top.
- Place in the oven along with the chicken for 30-35 minutes.
Kitchen utensils and items used –
Thank you so much for reading! We hope you enjoyed this meal! It’s one of our families favorites!