I’m all for a delicious breakfast and having a husband who loves to cook is honestly the best! I requested belgian waffles a couple weeks ago and they’ve become a regular in our house.
They’re delicious and you definitely need to give them a try! Here are the links a few useful things to have when making them
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz of either blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups milk
- Cooking spray
- Powerdered sugar (per preference, no required amount here)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, berries, sugar and lemon juice. Stir gently until the sugar melts and the berries break down and release their natural juice.
- Preheat the waffle iron according to the manual. I used ours at the highest temp to get a bit of a crust on the outside of the waffles.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat together the egg yolks and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the vanilla extract, milk, and melted butter and whisk to combine.
- Combine the egg-milk mixture with the flour mixture and whisk until just blended. You don’t want to overmix this.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, about a minute.
- Using a rubber spatula, gently fold the egg whites into the waffle batter. Gently is the key here, as you don’t want the egg whites to deflate.
- Coat the waffle iron in cooking spray and pour just enough batter to cover the waffle grid. Close and cook per the instructions on your waffle maker.
- Top the waffles with the berry syrup and dust with powdered sugar.
There you have it! Simple and delicious Belgian waffles with some fresh syrup!
If you liked this recipe, please share your experience with me! I’d love to see how they turned out.
Don’t forget to subscribe! You wouldn’t want to miss any delicious recipes!