- 1 cup butter
- 1 lb noodles of your choice
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups buffalo sauce
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft. Add in the chicken and the garlic and cook until the chicken reaches 165°. Add in 1 cup of the buffalo sauce and simmer until the sauce is slightly reduced and thick.
- Melt another 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour and mustard powder and cook for about 2 minutes until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the half-and-half, then add the remaining cup of buffalo sauce and stir until thick. Whisk in all of the cheese and the sour cream and stir until smooth.
- Grease a 9×13 baking dish and spread half of the cooked pasta in the bottom of the dish. Top with the chicken mixture, then cover with the rest of the pasta. Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the top.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and mix with the breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the dish and bake until bubbly, approximately 30 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Shop this post
Happy eating! Please share your experience with me, I’d love to hear your thoughts!
Don’t forget to subscribe for future updates! I share lots of fun and delicious goodies!