Oh hey! Thanks for stopping by! We’re sharing another taco recipe since it’s Taco Tuesday! I hope you’ll enjoy!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed cilantro leaves (If you’re like us and don’t care for cilantro, I replaced this with fresh dill)
- Zest from 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup tequila
- 1-pound fish filets (Tilapia or cod work best)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Flour tortillas
- ½ head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pulse the garlic, cilantro or dill, lime zest, cumin, salt, and pepper in a food processor for 20 seconds. While the processor is running, add the tequila.
- Place your fish filets into a large Ziploc bag and add the paste and move around to coat each filet. Work as much air as possible out of the bag and then seal and set aside at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, make the slaw by combining the cabbage, honey, vinegar, lime juice, and salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Set aside in the fridge.
- I recommend using a cast iron pan to cook your fish. Put it on the burner at medium heat for 10 minutes before adding anything to the pan.
- Pour in the oil and then cook the filets for 3-5 minutes per side until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily. You can either slice the fish into thin strips, or shred it before putting it into the tortillas.
- Serve in warm tortillas, topped with the slaw and fresh squeezed lime.
Shop this post
Hope you enjoyed! Don’t forget to share your experience with us!
Also don’t forget to subscribe for future recipes!