Sharing one of my new cookie recipes with you all! If you’ve been here for a while you know I’m all about fruity things and I love citrus!
These cookies give off a slight taste that will remind you of fruit loops. Yes, I said fruit loops. That’s really the only thing I can describe this flavor with.
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- ⅓ cup lemon juice,
- Preheat oven to 350℉. Prepare a large baking sheet with a non-stick spray, or parchment paper, set aside.
- Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
- In second bowl beat the butter for a few seconds, add the sugar and mix until light and fluffy. Add in the egg, vanilla, and lemon juice. Mix until smooth.
- Continue mixing while you add in the dry ingredients.
- Form your cookies and lay them on the cookies sheet
- Bake until light golden, approximately 12- 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool.
- For the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest together until well combined.
- Pour onto the top of the cookies.
- Allow to sit and dry, glaze will harden.
Shop this post
Now serve your cookies! You may have some left over dough, just repeat the step so it doesn’t go to waste.
Thank you so much for reading! Don’t forget to subscribe and tag me if you share your experience making these!