Summer time calls for some delicious meals! For my BBQ dish, Rob made pulled pork.
Some friends and I are sharing some tasty recipes with you! I’ll link their blogs at the bottom so you can head there next!
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 4-lbs pork shoulder
BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups ketchup
- 1.5 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup your choice of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons of the spice rub
- Preheat oven to 325°. Prepare spice rub by mixing all ingredients in a bowl.
- Place the pork in a large roasting pan or deep sheet pan and use your hands to generously coat the pork with the spice rub, reserving 2 tablespoons of the mixture for the sauce.
- Cover the roast with foil and place in the oven for 4 hours.
- When the 4 hours is done, remove the foil and turn the heat up to 400° and continue to cook for an additional hour, until the pork is a dark brown and has a nice crust on the outside.
- Remove from the oven and allow the meat to rest for at least 15 minutes before you start shredding it.
BBQ Sauce Instructions:
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- I personally like to mix the sauce with the pork at this point, but it’s all preference if you would rather just pour some of the sauce over top of the pork when you serve it.
Thank you so much for visiting this recipe! You can find some other recipes by visiting the below blogs:
Sylvia – Instagram & Blog
Thank you so much fro reading! Don’t forget to subscribe, I’d hate for you to miss any tasty recipes!