- 1 pound linguini
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 pound shrimp, cleaned and with tails removed
- ½ cup white wine
- Juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Once it is boiling, add your pasta and a couple
tablespoons of salt. Stir to ensure that the pasta separates and then let it cook for 8-10 minutes.
You want the noodles to still have some bite to them.
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons of
olive oil over medium-high heat. Sauté the shallots, garlic, and red pepper flakes until the
shallots are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Season your shrimp with salt and pepper and add them to the pan. Cook until they have turned
pink, about 2-3 minutes, flipping them to ensure even cooking.
- Remove just the shrimp from the pan and set aside, covered to keep them warm.
- Add the wine and the lemon juice to the pan and bring it to a boil. Add the remaining butter and
olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add the shrimp back to the pan along with the parsley and
cooked pasta. Toss everything together well and season once more with salt and pepper before