Cooking with Rob – Lemon Pepper Bacon Sliders
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp honey mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 strips of bacon
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Cheese (any type; we’ve done it with pepper jack, Colby, muenster, and goat cheese and it comes out great each time)
- Slider buns (any kind, but I like to use Hawaiian rolls sliced in half
- Pull out ground beef and allow it to reach room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bacon on a sheet pan and liberally season both sides with lemon pepper.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes depending on how crispy you like it.
- Saute onion, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes in oil until onions are translucent and set aside to cool.
- Combine ground beef, sauteed mix, egg, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and honey mustard. Mix by hand thoroughly. Form into 6 small patties.
- Season both sides of patties with salt and pepper generously.
- Pan fry with oil for about 4 minutes on each side. Do not flip them more than once; this is what will cause them to fall apart. Top with cheese and allow it to melt.
- In a separate pan, melt butter and toast each half of the buns/rolls.
- Slice the strips of bacon in half and use to top each burger.
A few pictures of the process:
If you make try out this recipe, please share with us by tagging us on social media! We’d love to see how it turns out and how you make it your own!
Thank you for reading! Feel free to send us some recipe ideas that you’d like to see! Don’t forget to subscribe!